SCHOOL HOURSBAINBRIDGE HIGH SCHOOLHours: 8:45 a.m. to 3:10 p.m.
Early Release: 8:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.WOODWARD MIDDLE SCHOOL
Hours: 9 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
Early Release: 9 a.m. to 1:50 p.m.SONOJI SAKAI INTERMEDIATE SCHOOLHours: 8:50 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Early Release: 8:50 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.EAGLE HARBOR HIGH SCHOOLHours: 8:45 a.m. to 3:10 p.m.
Early Release: 8:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.ODYSSEY MULTIAGE PROGRAMSHours:
Gr. 1-6, 7:50 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
Early Release: 7:50 a.m. to 12:50 p.m.
Gr. 7-8, 8:45 a.m. to 3:10 p.m.
Early Release: 8:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.CAPTAIN JOHNSTON BLAKELY ELEMENTARY SCHOOLHours 7:50 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
Early Release: 7:50 a.m. to 12:50 p.m.ORDWAY ELEMENTARY SCHOOLHours 7:50 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
Early Release: 7:50 a.m. to 12:50 p.m.CAPTAIN CHARLES WILKES ELEMENTARY SCHOOLHours 7:50 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
Early Release: 7:50 a.m. to 12:50 p.m.
Online Report CardsTo become more GREEN, BISD is implementing online report cards.HOW IT WORKS:
• Final Report Cards for students will be posted to Family Access no later than July 1.
• An email will be sent to parents letting them know the report card is available in Skyward.
• Parents log-in to Skyward and electronically sign before viewing the report card.
• Parents will have the option to print or save the report card.
• Report cards will remain available to parents via Family Access as long as their student is active in BISD. PARENTS OF CLASS OF 2019: You will be able to access your senior's report card through July 25, 2019.
THINGS TO KNOW:
• If you don't remember your Skyward login information, use the Forget your Login/Password link on the login page (be sure to check your spam folder). If that doesn't solve the problem, email email@example.com for assistance.
Thank you for helping BISD be GREEN!
BISD wants your opinions!BISD is currently updating the District Improvement Plan, which helps set long-term district goals. Part of the planning process is to hear from you! You are invited to share your opinions about which focus areas we should prioritize and help us set our core values. The survey is brief and your input is valuable! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/bisd303.Thank you for helping guide and shape the district's efforts.
The Annual Back-to-School Check In (ABC) process is now open for the 2019-20 School Year.The ABC process allows us to collect information about students returning to the district for the next school year. Having an accurate understanding of the number of returning students helps us determine staffing, class size and building capacity to better serve the needs of our students.
- All current BISD parents: Access the ABC process on your computer through Skyward, or on your mobile device by choosing "Desktop" access in the Skyward mobile app.
The ABC process also allows the district to fulfill annual notification requirements for public schools in Washington State in an efficient manner.IMPORTANT: The ABC process must be completed and submitted to the district in order to access your student's class placement for next year. Class placements and schedules will be available in late August.If your student is not returning next year, please let the office manager at your child's school know.
- BISD parents of new students to the district for the 2019-20 School Year (kindergarteners, transfer students): Access the ABC process after July 25, 2019. (That's when new students are added to our system.)
Isaac Ziemba was one of eight students from across the country who won the What Matters Most in Life writing competition sponsored by YES! Magazine. Isaac’s essay focused the similarities he shares with with Glen Tyrell, retired Washington state trooper and current BISD Small Works & Facilities Coordinator.
Change and transitions can be exciting -- but also challenging. There are many ways parents and teachers can help children have an easier time managing transitions, but it may take a little experimentation to find out what "clicks" with each particular child. Here are tips on how to help children navigate change.
Bainbridge Island School District is pleased to announce the appointment of Mark D. Emerson to the position of School Board Director for District 5 following Sheila Jakubik’s recent resignation.
In art class, they studied ways to show perspectives including over-lapping elements, changes in color, winding paths and using foreground, middle-ground and background.