Counseling at Commodore Options School
Counseling services are available for every student at Commodore Options School. These services include assistance with educational planning (courses, colleges, etc.), occupational/career information, and help with academic, social or personal concerns.If you wish to see the counselor, please stop by the counseling office or ask Jennifer to schedule an appointment. You can also contact Ann directly by calling 206-855-0500 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a professional school counselor, I am committed to:
- Abide by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by the American School Counselor Association (ASCA).
- Work and cooperate with teachers, administrators, parents and community resources to strive for the goal of academic, personal/social, and career success for all students. Assist all students through individual and group counseling, classroom guidance lessons, collaboration, consultation, advocacy, and leadership
- Consider all students, regardless of their ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, religious or spiritual identity, socio-economic status or learning differences when planning and implementing the school counseling program
- Strive to be preventative in design and geared toward the developmental stages of all students as they move through their schooling career
- Respect all students’ values and beliefs and not impose our personal values
- Participate in professional development activities essential to maintain a quality school counseling program
- Be knowledgeable of laws, regulations, and policies related to students
- Be an advocate for all students