Distribution of Information About Non-School Sponsored Activities and EventsGUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES FOR DISTRIBUTION OF COMMUNITY INFORMATION
BISD is happy to partner with local nonprofit organizations to get the word out about community events and offerings that may be of interest to school-aged students / families.
Requirements in order to distribute information through the school district/schools:
1. Organization must be a 501c3 nonprofit.
2. Information is understood to be of interest and benefit to K-12 students and families.
3. All posters or flyers must contain the following disclaimer:
Bainbridge Island School District does not sponsor this event, and the district assumes no responsibility for it. In consideration of the privilege to distribute materials, the Bainbridge Island School District shall be held harmless from any cause of action filed in any court or administrative tribunal arising out of the distribution of these materials, including costs, attorney's fees, and judgments or awards.
Options for distribution:
- Community News & Events webpage - fill out this form to be included on the Community Events webpage. Please allow up to seven days for your information to be posted to the website.
- Printed poster or flyers -
- Organization sends a draft of the item to BISD Community Relations for approval. Make sure to include the above disclaimer on the flyers / posters.
- With approval for posters: organization provides seven copies of the poster if they would like it displayed in all schools (fewer if the request is not for all schools; please include directions regarding at which school you would like a poster displayed).
- With approval for flyers: Send bundles of no more than 20 copies (each bundle marked with the school where you would like them placed) to BISD Community Relations.
- One-stop distribution! Drop off the materials at the District Office (8489 Madison Avenue NE) and we will distribute the information to the appropriate school(s).
All materials should be submitted to the Community Relations Coordinator, who approves materials, notifies schools of approved materials, and distributes to the schools designated by the contributing organization.
To ask questions or clarify this information, please contact:BISD Community Relations206email@example.com