BHS COUNSELING DEPARTMENTPhone: (206) 842-2913
Fax: (206) 780-1498Happy New Year!All Students:
Class of 2019:If you used the Common Application to apply to a college/university, the BHS Counseling office will automatically send the required Midyear Report. The Midyear Report includes the transcript which has the student's 7th semester (fall) grades. Once grades are posted (on January 30th), the counseling office will be working diligently to get these reports sent ASAP. Thus, you do not need to do a thing for Common Application colleges.
- Spring Schedules are set. If you have a "See Counselor" on your schedule, please make an appointment with your counselor before January 22nd.
- AP Test Registration: Now Open!: Students taking an AP course this school year must register for AP exam(s) through Total Registration. New students should create an account and those who took an AP exam last year should log back into their TR account to register for the 2019 AP Exams.
Students must register for AP exam(s) during the January 7th - February 15th window. Students who sign up after this date will accrue a $30 late fee per registration. The last day to register for AP exams is February 27th. Once registration is complete students must pay the $95 fee (per exam) online or by check (payable to Bainbridge High School) to Sarah Spray in the BHS Accounting Office.
- PSAT Results: College Board released PSAT scores online on December 10th, 2018. Students can access their scores digitally at any time through their College Board account. If you do not have one, please create one through the College Board website. If students are in need of an access code they may contact their counselor.
If you applied to a college and did not use the Common Application AND that school requires a Midyear transcript, then you must log into Parchment.com and have an updated transcript sent AFTER GRADES HAVE BEEN POSTED ON January 30th.
Please know that colleges understand this schedule which happens every year and students are never penalized for “late” transcripts.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In June, seniors will need to log into Parchment and request a FINAL TRANSCRIPT to be sent to the one college they plan to attend. Be sure to request “Hold for Grades” so your transcript will not be sent until all final grades are posted. Also, transcripts will not be sent to colleges if you owe any fines!Class of 2020:
Class of & 2021 and 2022:
- Counselors will be coming into all Junior English classrooms in March to discuss post high school planning. If students would like to get a head start, please look at the information under "College Planning."
- Slide Show from Parent Night
WE HOPE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL WINTER BREAK!
- Counselors will be working with students on their High School & Beyond Plans in February. To graduate from high school, all students must develop a High School and Beyond Plan on how they will meet the high school graduation requirements and what they will do following high school. A student’s plan, which starts in 9th grade, is revised as he/she moves forward and should include the classes needed to prepare for a postsecondary pathway, such as a two-year or four-year college, technical college, apprenticeship program, certificate program, the workforce or military training.