Facilities & Field Rentals
COVID-19 Facility Use and Operations
The Bainbridge Island School District is committed to maintaining a healthy and active community amid the global COVID-19 Pandemic. Effective 7/09/20, all qualifying outside organizations requesting facility reservations must review and submit the COVID-19 Disclosure and Release Addendum prior to the use of a facility.Please follow the steps below to request a BISD facility rental.1. If you are a COMMUNITY MEMBER and would like to schedule a BISD facility room or field, please use the following link to agree to BISD's terms and conditions, and create an account with ML Schedules: https://wa13.mlschedules.com/Register.aspx2. After requesting an account, in order to receive approved account access to ML Schedules, you should download and complete the following forms; Application to use School Facilities / District fields, a BISD Compliance Form, and submit a signed copy of both to the Facilities Office (Maintenance Facility 9445 NE New Brooklyn Rd) along with a Certificate of Insurance ($2 million general aggregate, $1 million/per occurrence) from your insurance company, listing Bainbridge Island School District as "additionally insured." You may also scan and email your signed forms to Heather Patton, Facility Coordinator: HPatton@bisd303.org. All community user groups, regardless of event or organization type, are required to turn in both a Certificate of Insurance and a signed Compliance form.
3. Once you have created an account, turned in your Compliance and Insurance forms to the Facilities Office, you will receive an email with your login credentials. You may then login and request your dates through ML Schedules by selecting the following link: https://wa13.mlschedules.com/Login.aspx
- Note: We understand that not all users have insurance that will cover their facility use. However, users may purchase special event insurance that will satisfy (at least) our minimum insurance requirements. This type of insurance may be purchased through the Event Helper website https://www.theeventhelper.com/, or through other insurance providers who offer insurance that meets the minimum requirements listed on our website.
4. Successfully submitting a request does not mean your booking has been approved. After submitting your request, you will receive a notification that your submission was successful. Hang in there.5. Once you receive an email acknowledging your event has been approved and activated, you may do the happy dance.6. Please note that BISD school programs/activities always take precedence over any other scheduled event. While the district does all it can to load school events into the calendar in advance, your approved schedule may still be subject to change and/or cancellation if a school program requires the use of that facility.If you would like to be contacted by email for our upcoming community scheduling workshops, please send your name, organization name, and email to HPatton@bisd303.org.*Billing - Payment will be accepted after receiving a monthly invoice.
- Note: BHS and Commodore fields are scheduled through "BHS" location. All other school fields are to be scheduled under "Sports Fields/Parking Lots" location.
Trash, Recycling, and Compost
BISD will apply a fee to any organization renting or leasing a BISD facility that does not properly utilize our 3 step Recycle, Trash, and Compost system where provided. Currently, Bainbridge High School, Woodward Middle School, and Commodore Options school offer this 3 step process in their commons areas with other BISD schools rolling out options soon. Thank you for doing your part for our community and the environment as a whole, please see the link below for guidance on our waste management process:Outdoor Facility Aerials:
We are excited and ready to get your events scheduled.Calendars are now open to the community for scheduling the Summer Quarter. June 1st, 2022 - August 31st 1st 2022. Please note, if you are requesting any date past August 31st, your request will be declined. We will always strive to open the calendars as early as possible for the upcoming quarter. We understand that some of your requests will continue through into September and we will help you facilitate/extend those requests in Mid-July.FACILITY RENTAL REQUESTSAll schedule requests must be made a minimum of 7 weekdays prior to the event. All rental cost estimates may be requested through Bill Ackerman, Facilities Use Manager, firstname.lastname@example.orgImportant Notes:
- All facility users must complete the BISD Covid-19 Disclosure form and submit it with the facilities office prior to placing reservation requests:
- Individuals are not required to wear face coverings while engaged in outdoor training or competition in any type of sport.
BISD Quarters Defined:Fall Quarter - (September - November)Winter Quarter - (December - February)Spring Quarter - (March-May)
- Please see the updated schedule posted on the Facility and Field Use tab of the BISD website: Facility and Field Use. Facilities staff will begin processing reservation requests the week of 5/02 to ensure that all organizations are informed of the status of their reservations (approved or denied). Please remember that spaces are limited and priority will be given to those organizations serving the highest number of youth participants in our community. Often, our staff will work to coordinate reservations among user groups in an attempt to provide the most equitable space allocation possible. If you have any questions regarding the updated fee schedule, please feel free to contact Bill Ackerman
Summer Quarter - (June - August)Once these dates are loaded, each building Scheduler will review community entries and activate or decline them. Please be advised that while the district does all it can to load school events into the calendar in advance, your approved schedule may still be subject to change and/or cancellation if a school program requires the use of that facility or the local/state health authority releases mandates regarding the pandemic.