Thank you to the Bainbridge Island Community for approving both our levy measures. The Enrichment & Operations Levy passed by 69.5% and the Technology Levy passed by 73.14%. Both levies run through the end of 2024.
BISD's current levies expire in 2021 and must be renewed to ensure that the district has the resources to pay for necessary programs and operations and to fund technology investments that support the educational needs of our students.
View a presentation on what the levies fund by clicking here.
The Enrichment & Operations Levy pays for essential elements of our schools, including:
- Teachers and support staff
- Special Education, remedial reading and math programs
- Enrichment for student learning such as art, music, STEM and electives
- Instructional materials such as books, subscriptions and consumables
- Extracurricular activities such as athletics and clubs
- Student transportation
The Technology Levy is our primary source for providing the technological resources that directly contribute to the success of students and instructional programs in the district. Levy funds support some of the following items:
- Student devices used in the classrooms and at home (ex: Chromebooks and iPads)
- Classroom presentation equipment
- Distance learning technology and services
- Assistive technology for students
- Operational technology (VOIP phone systems, networking, printers, data backup, etc.)
- Software for library services and supporting educational electronic content
- Cyber-Security and Cyber-Safety services
- Professional Development related to Technology