- Each elementary school will have a STEM Enrichment Teacher.
- There will be a STEM classroom in each of the elementary schools.
- Every class will spend 50 minutes, each week, in the STEM Enrichment classroom creating and engineering.
- This will be a space and time for students to think, tinker and solve engineering design challenges.
- The curricula will focus on the design process of engineering to address Next Generation Science Standards.
- Students will learn by doing. Tasks will be authentic, set in a meaningful context, and related to the real world.
What is the difference between science and engineering? This short video offers an explanation.
Below is a power point shared with several BISD groups in the spring of 2015.