Please visit my Google Site for class information. Email me, should you have any questions or concerns.
The Bainbridge High School Band Department consists of the following courses:
- 3 Symphonic Concert Bands
- 1 Percussion Ensemble
- 1 Jazz Band Class
Above those basics, here are some additional insights:
- Our Jazz Band class contains two separate Big Bands. Most musicians start out in Jazz 2, and eventually work up to Jazz 1 later in their high school careers. At certain points during the year, both jazz bands spit up into 3 or 4 jazz combos to work on small group performances. The Bainbridge Jazz Collective is an award winning program typically between 30 and 40 students strong.
- Marching Band at BHS is an after school club in the fall. Registration for Marching Band begins in the spring. After the July 4th parade, rehearsals start in earnest about two weeks before the beginning of the school year. Once school starts, Marching Band is after school, three days a week through early November. The Marching Band travels to three competitions, and performs at all our home football games.
- We have a competitive Winterguard program. It's awesome.
- Most years, we are able to offer a Ukulele Club. Come check it out.
- As an outreach of our jazz program, we host monthly open mic nights and jam sessions.
For more information on each of these programs, and more, please visit our full program website, at bainbridgebands
Thank you. Take care,