Working at the Bainbridge Island School District
Thank you for your interest in joining the staff at the Bainbridge Island School District. At BISD, our staff is our greatest resource.
As a community, we collectively commit to honoring and nurturing the unique skills, talents and passions of every student. We provide a welcoming and respectful environment where students flourish and forge a life-long love of learning through relevant, engaging learning experiences. We empower our students to find purpose and contribute to a more just and equitable world.
- in every child;
- everyone has the potential and the right to lead a meaningful and productive life;
- that all students can learn at high levels when provided with engaging learning opportunities that both support and challenge them;
- social and emotional health is as important as academic performance;
- diversity is essential to a vibrant community;
- strong, supportive relationships are the foundation of all that we do;
- empathy and critical thinking skills are essential for citizenship in a diverse and connected world;
- in becoming an anti-racist, inclusive organization that eliminates educational disparities and challenges traditional practices and norms;
- our families and community are our partners in the success of each child.
From the classroom to the bus garage, to the district office, BISD staff have one essential trait in common — they keep the best interest of students at the forefront of their work. This intentionality has a tremendous impact on our students and helps guide each lesson plan, interaction and decision made in the district.
If you’re the type of person who enjoys a collaborative workplace environment, who is innovative and is interested in being a member of one of Washington State’s top school districts, we’d like to talk with you!
If you speak a language other than English and need application support, please reach out to our Applicant Coordinator Kelly Spitz at 206-780-1878.
Please click here or visit the "We Want to Hear From You" link to the left of this page to fill out a short survey.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Bainbridge Island School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nondiscrimination Statement: Bainbridge Island School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis based of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. For questions, please contact Civil Rights Coordinator, Kristen Haizlip at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (206) 780-1058.