We are using the curriculum: The Reader's Journey by Prentice Hall.Language Arts is taught twice during the normal school day. Students work on their personal reading goals during Sustained Silent Reading (SSR) from 8:40 to 9:15. During their Language Arts period, students work through a Reader's Journey unit in which reading, writing, and communicating are integrated.
There are 6 units:
1) How do we decide what is true?
2) Is conflict always bad?
3) What is important to know?
4) Do we need words to communicate well?
5) How do we decide who we are?
6) How should our communities shape us?