As a public school district serving the Bainbridge Island community, Bainbridge Island School District regularly looks for opportunities to increase and maximize its resources. The school district is open to considering donations of working equipment in good condition that are compatible with our network and operating systems, pertain to the mission and goals of the district and can be fully supported within our resources.
Sometimes equipment that is compatible for home or small business, is not compatible or cannot be supported within an enterprise-level, network system. If you are interested in donating good condition, working technology equipment, please check that your donation meets the following two criteria. If you have any questions, please call our Technology Help Desk at 206-780-1668.
1) Technology equipment must meet or exceed the standards established by the Washington State Office of Superintendent as found at What is a Standards-Based Computer ?
, and noted below:
- Intel based Pentium IV or AMD 3.0 GhZ or higher, or Intel Dual Core (or higher) desktop or laptop with keyboard and mouse.
- Minimum 1 GB RAM and 40 GB hard drive, CD-ROM drive, USB ports, supports Windows Vista or higher, Ethernet NIC card and sound card.
- 15 inch or larger LCD flat panel.
- Intel-based Mac desktop with keyboard and mouse or iBook/MacBook.
- Minimum 1 GB RAM and 120 GB hard drive, CD-ROM drive, USB ports, supports OS X 10.3 or higher and has Ethernet capability.
- 17-inch monitor ― 1024 X 768 resolution.
- Printers ― HP Laser 4000 equivalent and above.
2) Your donation meets the requirements of BISD School Board Policy 6114 Gifts
and its related procedure.