Math Olympiad Contest Rules
- A team will consist of four students. Teams of three students will, however, be allowed.
- Each team will participate at the highest grade level of any student on the team. (A school may include students of 2 grade levels on one team, if needed.)
- No changes in team members may be made after checking in at Registration.
- Events will begin and end promptly at the time scheduled. Only teams that are present in a timely manner will be allowed to participate in that particular event.
- A student who leaves during a task will not be allowed to return during that event.
- Each team will be provided pencils and paper (and graph paper, as needed) for team members.
- Each team may bring other tools such as calculators, rulers, protractors, compasses, pens, colored pencils, English language dictionaries or translating dictionaries for ESL students, Post-Its. (WSMC will not provide those items.)
- Word processors and computers are not allowed. Calculators with a QWERTY keyboard are not allowed; graphing calculators are ok. The problems are designed to not be computationally intensive and can be done without a calculator.