Fee Waivers for Qualified Families
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR FAMILIES WHO QUALIFY FOR FREE OR REDUCED MEALS :
Free and reduced-price meals may be obtained by any student whose family income falls within the guidelines set by the US Department of Agriculture. Applications can be made at any time during the school year. In addition to meals, those who qualify for free or reduced meals may also qualify for additional benefits such as waived class, athletics, ASB cards and testing fees.
Process to be eligible and receive additional benefits:
- Fill out the Free&Reduced-Price Meals Application - instructions found here, on the Food Services Department page. In order to receive benefits, this form must be completed every year.
- If your family qualifies, you will be given access to a custom online form in your Skyward Family Access. A link to this form will be posted on your Family Access message wall. With this form, you will be able to indicate your interest in having a variety of fees waived, both for instructional and extracurricular activities. Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about how to access this form.
- Select from the items listed to indicate which waivers you would like for your student(s). You will then receive those waivers for the remainder of the year and for the first month of the next school year.
- In order to receive the waiver you have requested, you must follow the payment instructions as if you are paying for the item. If steps 1 and 2 have been completed correctly, the item will show up for $0 at checkout. **You must go through this process and create a receipt in your student's name for them to get the benefit. **
Example: If you qualify for free meals and you fill out the form indicating that you would like the cost of an ASB card waived, login to the online payment site and purchase an ASB card. You will not need to use your credit card to check out, but by completing this process, your student will appear on the list of paid ASB card holders. For questions on the payment piece, please contact the BHS accounting office: email@example.com.
**NEW** To Access a Free Family Digital Sports Pass and Theatre Ticket Pass:
- Click on the "District Events" box on the Skyward "Release of Information Form", then;
- Go to the BHS website and access the event you would like a ticket or pass for.
- Click on "Have a Passcode?" and enter your guardian username for Skyward
- Purchase your Pass for $0
- Show your digital pass at the gate for free entry to all home football and basketball games as well as theatre productions.
For items that are not related to class fees, participation fees or testing fees, or if your family does not qualify for free and reduced lunch but is experiencing financial hardship, refer to the Scholarship Form described below. All requests are confidential.
Scholarships/ Financial Assistance
In order to support families who do not qualify for free or reduced meals or do qualify but would like support with items that are not related to class, participation, extracurricular or testing fees, we encourage you to fill out the 2023-2024 Scholarship Application Form
Thanks to funding and partnership with Bainbridge Community Foundation (Youth Experience Support, YES!), Bainbridge Schools Foundation, our generous booster groups and student club fundraising, we are able to provide these scholarships for student fees and various other items that help enrich the high school experience.
Free & Reduced Price Meal Program
For questions about the Free and Reduced Meal application form, please contact the Food Services Department via email at NutritionServices@bisd303.org or by calling (206)780-1844.
REMINDER: You must re-apply each school year to receive benefits from the free/reduced lunch program. Those who qualify for free and reduced lunch will automatically receive additional benefits if they provide permission for their status to be shared with the fee administrator. See above instructions on how this works.