Thank you for our 2010 Technology Levy!
In 2010, the Bainbridge Island community passed a 4-year, $5.275 million technology levy for modernizing school district technology and telecommunication technologies. With these proceeds, the Bainbridge Island School District is completing the following projects:
- introduce assessment systems designed to monitor student learning and more efficiently tailor instruction to meet individual student needs,
- maintain a district-wide 4:1 computer to student ratio,
- provide science classrooms in grades 6-12 with a 2:1 computer to student ratio,
- support grades 6-12 science curriculum with subject-specific software and hardware such as probeware and robotics applications,
- install presentation stations that include a laptop computer, LCD projector, Smartboard, and a document camera in all classrooms,
- establish at least one computer lab in each school,
- match assistive technologies to meet the special needs of students,
- provide subscription-based online databases and learning resources for access at school and at home,
- install a district-wide library system for management of resources and staff and student accounts,
- upgrade district-wide Internet connectivity at all buildings, and
- expand wireless connectivity in all schools.