- BISD Framework - K-12 Scope & Sequence
Good Habits Great Readers
- Print parent newsletters about reading for your students' grade level.
- Also be sure to view the many wonderful sites that support reading instruction on the Resources for Families page.
- A great site for K-2 students to practice reading skills is Starfall.com. Students can practice letter recognition or work through the Learn To Read books, games, and resources. The site also has support for parents and teachers.
- For book lists, reading, writing, math, homework help, and more visit the Links for Learning Adventures Site.
Handwriting Without Tears
Words Their Way
Writing and Grammar
Textbook Companion Site:
- For Merriam Webster's online dictionary and thesaurus.
- One Look allows you to look up words in multiple online dictionaries at once
- By using the Visual Thesaurus students can finally see the definition and connotation of each synonym generated. Or students can easily click on any of the synonyms on the screen to open a new search for words that have that specific connotation.
- For all the poets in your class, be sure to bookmark this rhyming dictionary.
- As you teach your students to create bibliographies for their reports and research papers, you may want to visit Easy Bib, a free online advanced bibliography maker. Another site that is especially helpful for younger students is: Noodle Tools Quick Cite . At the middle and high school levels, students may access an enhanced Noodlebib through a subscription available from their school library. For information on citing online resources, visit the Online Reference Guide to Using Internet Sources site: Citation Styles for Online Resources.