BHS COUNSELING DEPARTMENTPhone: (206) 842-2913
Fax: (206) 780-1498FALL REMINDERSClass of 2020:Counselors will visit all senior English classes on September 23rd to review the college application process which we was presented last spring and in one-to-one meetings in May and June. Students are encouraged to make an appointment with their counselor for any support needed in this process by going to Ms. Hughes (Counseling Secretary) to set up a time to meet with him/her. Mr. Ward (A-C), Ms. Wescott (D-H), Ms. Pal (I-Mc), Ms. D'Amico (Me-R), Ms. Tebo (S-Z).*Attention Seniors using the Common Application or needing recommendation letters:Please do not "invite" your counselor or any teacher electronically without first speaking IN PERSON with the teacher or counselor you wish to invite.It is common courtesy to make a request for a recommendation face to face before having a message land in their email inbox stating the request. All teachers and counselors will appreciate this respectful way of asking for their help. (Your counselor will be happy to help you with this process.)All students applying to colleges: Please pay special attention to all the information and instructions under "College Planning" in the menu to the left.Thanks so much from the entire BHS Counseling Office!Also......Don't forget:
Classes of 2021 & 2022:
- Review your Summer To-Do List (to get organized for college applications). Listed under 'College Planning'
- NOTE: FAFSA may be filed October 1, 2019. This is NEW!
- Senior Parent Night = Tuesday, September 24 at 7 PM (BHS Commons)
- "Cash for College" Night: January 14 @ 7PM- BHS Library - This event is sponsored by PTSO.
- FAFSA workshop: October 30th @ BHS Library.
- PSAT/NMSQT (Practice SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) will be administered on Saturday morning, October 19, 2019 at Bainbridge High School. Sign up now! All Juniors are highly encouraged to take this exam. 9th and 10th graders are welcome to take part as well, as a practice opportunity. Students interested in taking the PSAT this year must sign up no later than Tuesday, September 17th. Pre-registration is required, and the $24 fee may be paid either online or at the BHS Accounting office. Registration Form
Please note: It is strongly recommended that students have completed Geometry prior to taking the PSAT due to the content of the exam. Questions? Contact Warren Read firstname.lastname@example.org or Nicole Wescott email@example.com.
Junior year is a very important year for exploration and preparing. Preparing for a four year college requires planning ahead. Within the junior year, students will take standardized tests, finalist a list of colleges, visit colleges, and apply....a busy year! BHS Counselors and Career Center can help. See the attached slide show for more information and advice:Class of 2023:
Here's to a wonderful Fall Semester!
- Counselors will conduct Freshmen class visits on October 18th to continue their orientation to high school.
- 9th Grade Quick Reference: a guide for freshmen and parents at Bainbridge High School.