Immunization Requirements for Students
Before a child may attend school, the family must provide a Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form to staff. This form shows the child’s vaccinations or proof of immunity to disease.
There are a couple of ways families can submit a valid CIS form:
- Families can print their child’s CIS by following the instructions on Access your Family’s Immunization Information
- Families can ask a health care provider to print out a CIS form for them.
- Families can ask their school to print out a CIS form for them. Not all schools can do this, so make sure to ask ahead of time.
- Families can fill out the CIS form themselves and attach medically verified records showing immunization using the following methods:
- Official lifetime immunization record with a provider stamp or signature.
- Official immigration immunization record.
- Immunization record printed from a healthcare provider, clinic, or hospital.
- Written immunization record with a provider stamp or signature.
- Immunization record printed from the Washington Immunization Information System (WA IIS).
CERTIFICATE OF IMMUNIZATION STATUS
A Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) is the form Washington State requires parents/guardians to complete for each student. This form is available under the Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) tab through the Department of Health.
ACCESS YOUR FAMILY'S IMMUNIZATION INFORMATION
Sign up for MyIR to view, download and print your family's immunization records securely online through the Department of Health. Once you register, you can access the records anytime you need them. You can also print your child's Certificate of Immunization Status for school, child care and camp programs.
Details about Washington State Immunization Requirements are available through the Department of Health.
CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION
If a parent/guardian wants to exempt a student from receiving immunizations, a Certificate of Exemption (COE) must be completed by the parent and healthcare provider. This form is available under the Exemptions from Immunization Requirements - Certificate of Exemption tab through the Department of Health.
Bainbridge Island School District uses the Washington Immunization Information System (WAIIS), a lifetime immunization record, to monitor student immunization compliance. Only medically verified immunization records are accepted.