One page handout given to seniors in the fall.
    College Application Process
    For students interested in applying to a 4 year college, please read this FIRST and follow these directions carefully when applying to public and/or private colleges and universities. This will inform students what they need to turn into the counseling office and next steps for applying to college.
    Important Documents Students Will Need When Applying:
    • College Tracking Form - Seniors applying to ANY college (2 year, public or private) must submit ONE College Tracking Form (listing all colleges) to Ms. Hughes in the counseling office. Additional colleges may be added later. See form for details.
    • Counseling Office Class of 2025 Deadlines- Students must complete the necessary paperwork and meet with their counselor within this time frame. We recommend students send test scores (SAT/ACT) and transcripts by these dates as well. Deadlines are based off of the student's FIRST application deadline.
    • Counselor Letter of Recommendation- Students who are in need of a counselor recommendation will need to submit the following documents along with the College Tracking Form (above) at least 4 school weeks prior to their first application deadline.
    • College Application Process Worksheet - Useful tool to organize college applications.

     Typical Application Platforms- Students should research which platform their college(s) use and create an account.

    • Common Application - Official Site 
    • Many colleges use their own application platform
      • For example, Western Washington University has students apply through their own application
    • University of Washington, University of California, and Cal State Schools:
      • The UW uses the Common Application and UC and Cal State use their own application  
      • Be sure to follow the instructions of  UC/Cal State universities carefully.
      • Students will self-report their courses for these schools. 
      • These schools DO NOT want letters of recommendation (from teachers or counselors), unless specifically requested.
      • They WILL require an official transcript for admitted students in June after you graduate. 
      • UW application is open between October 1 and November 15.  
      • UC and Cal State applications can be submitted only between Nov 1 and Nov 30.
    Students Athletes Wanting to Play in College
    If you are a student athlete who is considering playing collegiate, there are specific course requirements associated with the NCAA and eligibility. Please refer to the links below for more information and discuss your plans with your counselor.