POST HIGH SCHOOL PLANNING INFORMATIONClass of 2020 Planning Guide : A comprehensive guide for post high school planning!This comprehensive resource has detailed information about all Washington public and private higher education institutions (both 2-year community and technical college programs as well as 4-year college and university programs).FOR BAINBRIDGE HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
APPLYING TO COLLEGE:College Application ProcessPlease read this FIRST and follow these directions carefully when applying to public or private colleges/universities.College Tracking Form- Seniors applying to ANY colleges (public or private) must submit ONE College Tracking Form (listing all colleges) to the BHS. Additional colleges may be added later. See form for details.Counseling Office Deadlines - For Counselor Recommendation Letter and/or Transcript requests.College Application Process Worksheet - Useful tool to organize all the steps.Common Application - Official SiteCommon Application - Sample paper version to use as a worksheet before submitting the online version.Common Application Requirements Grid: See what each particular school within Common Application requires as an admissions requirement.Need help with your Common Application? Here is the link to their support centerAn explanation of the Coalition Application for Parents and Students.Coalition for Access, Affordability, and Success - Official site
- The Application Portal opens in July.
- Students may apply between October 1 and November 15.
- Application deadline for UW is Nov. 15!
- Students will self-report courses and grades in the application.
- Do not send BHS Transcript until June (if and when accepted) unless requested.
- Students should download an unofficial transcript through www.Parchment.com to fill out the application. Click on the thumbnail icon (in the Parchment dashboard) and print it. Click "update" if what you see is the wrong version. If you encounter difficulty, ask the counseling office for help! To create a Parchment account, follow these directions.
DO YOU NEED A COUNSELOR RECOMMENDATION LETTER?NOTE: If you use the Common Application, a Counselor Recommendation is required in addition to the Teacher Recommendation(s).Submit the following documents along with the College Tracking Form (above) to your Counselor at least 4 school weeks prior to first deadlineTRANSCRIPTS:TO ORDER TRANSCRIPTS, click here.NOTE TO PARENTS: Please DO NOT create an account for your student.HOW TO ORDER AN UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT: Step-by-step instructionsHOW TO ORDER YOUR FINAL TRANSCRIPT (in May/June)Seniors: Before Graduation, send one FINAL TRANSCRIPT directly to the college you plan to attend.Be sure to mark "Hold For Grades" in your request.TEST SCORES:SENIORS: Be sure to send your SAT / ACT test scores directly to each college via the testing company unless the college will allow you to self-report your scores.USEFUL WEBSITES:COLLEGE ESSAY TIPS FROM ADMISSIONS OFFICERSWritten by Bruce J. Jones, Associate Director of AdmissionsTHE PRINCETON REVIEW -- Good for Test Prep, College Searches, Majors16 PERSONALITIES (Personality Test)
- The UW and UofC have their own applications (not Common Application).
- The UW will use the Coalition Application. (Use the Coalition Application information above or in the UW website.)
- Be sure to follow the instructions of UW and UofC universities carefully.
- Students will self-report their courses and grades within the application. Get an unofficial transcript via Parchment for this process.
- See the list of BHS courses and corresponding Coalition course categories in the link above.
- The UW and UofC applications DO NOT want letters of recommendation (from teachers or counselors), unless specifically requested.
- The UW and UofC universities WILL require an official transcript for admitted students in June after you graduate.
- Students must request that Parchment send a Final Transcript in June.