This year, your student is participating in the Desmos Math Curriculum.
Desmos is a math education team on a mission to help every student learn math and love learning math. Their curriculum team is composed of former math teachers who love both the flexibility of paper and the power of computers to provoke wonder, enable mathematical creativity, and connect ideas. Here is what you can expect for your student this year:
● A blend of learning on paper and with technology.
● Standards-aligned lessons that help students express their brilliance every day.
● Feedback that shows students what their ideas mean without judgment and encourages perseverance and revision.
● Resources within each lesson to meet the needs of diverse learners.
● A Family Resource guide for each unit that includes explanations of key math concepts and problems to try with your student. I hope your student will enjoy exploring math using technology, working with friends to solve problems, and learning about different concepts. I invite you to learn more about the Desmos Math Curriculum and who they are at https://www.desmos.com/curriculum.
You play an important role in their math experience, so let’s learn together!