Schedule a Test: Students
BISD students who are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms are encouraged to be tested. To schedule a testing appointment, please do the following.
BOOKING YOUR STUDENT’S TEST:
- Login to Skyward and click on the District Links button in the top right corner. (Please use a desktop or laptop computer.) Look for the link titled “COVID Testing - Symptomatic”.
- Sign-up for the test under your student's information (name, health insurance, etc.).
- Please have your student’s health insurance card ready. NOTE: Your student’s health insurance may be billed, but by law, the insurance company may not charge any co-pay, deductible, or out-of-pocket expense for the test. If your child does not have health insurance he/she can still participate in this pilot program. The Department of Health will cover the cost of your student’s test.
- Please fill out the Curative Labs COVID-19 Testing Authorization Form and bring a signed copy with you to your child’s appointment. Form: English Form: Spanish
- Once you sign-up for an appointment, you will receive a confirmation email with your student’s appointment number. Make sure and keep your appointment number as you will use it to look up the test results.
- A signed Minor Authorization Form is required for students under the age of 18.
TAKING THE TEST:
- For now, testing will take place behind the District Office, 8489 Madison Ave. Enter via the driveway between Ordway Elementary and the District Office building. Please stay in your car and look for the signs. (As we refine the process and evaluate the demand, the testing location may move to a different location.)
- The test is self-administered and is similar to brushing your teeth. Please make sure your student has not done any of the following 20 minutes prior to the appointment. Otherwise, your child’s test may be invalid:
- Have had anything to eat or drink
- Chewed gum
- Brushed teeth or used mouth wash
- Used lip products (chapstick, lipstick, etc.)
- Smoked of vaped
After taking the test, results should be available in about 36-48 hours on the Curative website. You will need your appointment number to look up the results.