COVID-19 Testing at BISD - for staff & students
The site is open Monday - Friday from 6:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. but closed during school breaks or other closures (such as inclement weather or power outages).
- The testing site is located behind the District Office at 8489 Madison Ave. N., between the Aquatic Center and Ordway Elementary.
- The site will be closed on days when school is not in session.
- There is no out-of-pocket cost for the test; insurance may be billed for the PCR test
- BISD students and staff needing testing for travel purposes must access an alternative testing site. BISD is not equipped to provide results to meet travel requirements.
The two types of testing available are:
1. Rapid Antigen Test: A quick test for those who are asymptomatic, symptomatic, or concerned that they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Results within 15-20 minutes. (Abbott BinaxNow or Access Bio CareStart)
2. Curative PCR Test: The preferred test for those who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Results within approximately 48 hours.The Curative PCR Test closes at 2 p.m. daily in order to ship the tests overnight to the lab.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- No appointment is necessary for the Rapid Antigen or the PCR Test
- No registration required for the Rapid Antigen Test
- The Rapid Antigen Test requires self-administered nasal swabbing; guardians may have to assist younger children.
- Rapid Antigen results take about 15 minutes.
- If the Rapid Antigen test result is positive, it is recommended to re-test using the PCR test.
- The PCR Test requires self-administered nasal swabbing; guardians may have to assist younger children.
- PCR results are received in approximately 48 hours.
- PCR testing must be completed by 2 p.m. for overnight shipping.
- Pre-registration is recommended but not required for the PCR test. Curative PCR Test
- If you are symptomatic or asymptomatic and trying to shorten your quarantine period or you are being tested because you were a close contact to a COVID-19 positive person, please access testing through the following places:
- BISD Testing Site
- A health care provider
- A pharmacy’s testing center
- Department of Health testing center
Reminder, the BISD testing site is only open for BISD students and staff and for non-travel purposes. If you are a community member (or parent) looking for testing options, please refer to Kitsap Public Health's resources.