COVID-19 Testing at BISD - for staff & students
The site is open on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (NOTE: PCR testing ends daily at 2 p.m.) and is closed during school breaks or other closures (such as inclement weather or power outages).
- Located behind the District Office at 8489 Madison Ave. N., between the Aquatic Center and Ordway Elementary
- Closed on days when school is not in session
- No out-of-pocket cost for the test; insurance may be billed for the PCR test
- Non-BISD individuals can obtain free test kits via this link.
The two types of testing available are:
1. Rapid Antigen Test: A quick test for those who are asymptomatic, symptomatic, or concerned that they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Results within 15-20 minutes. (Abbott BinaxNow or Access Bio CareStart). During the school year, Rapid Antigen Tests will also be available from schools' health rooms.
2. PCR Test: Results within approximately 24-48 hours. The PCR Test closes at 2 p.m. daily in order to ship the tests overnight to the lab. Pre-registration is required.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- No appointment is necessary for the Rapid Antigen or the PCR Test
- No registration required for the Rapid Antigen Test
- The Rapid Antigen Test and PCR requires self-administered nasal swabbing; guardians may have to assist younger children.