COVID-19 Safety Measures
When considering spacing of students while being transported, six feet of distancing is not required. BISD follows the Department of Health K-12 Fall Guidance, including:
- Keep riders as far apart as possible on the bus. Consider how to reduce occupancy and increase space on the bus through scheduling (e.g., through staggered arrivals/departures, A/B scheduling) or add buses where possible.
- Require assigned seating.
- If possible, seat students with household members or members of their school group/cohort.
- Maximize outside air and keep windows open as much as possible.
- Encourage walking or biking where safe or being driven by caregivers when feasible.
- Require riders and staff members to wear a cloth face covering or an acceptable alternative.
- Encourage students to wash or sanitize hands when they leave their home or classroom immediately before boarding the bus.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, including the tops and backs of seats, using an EPA-registered product and following manufacturers’ instructions.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces on school buses at least daily or between use as much as possible.
To watch a video on the safety measures BISD is taking, click this link.