DAILY HEALTH SCREENING (FOR IN-PERSON LEARNING DURING COVID-19)
Our plan relies primarily on a screening process conducted at the school site in accordance with recommendations from the CDC, local health organizations and the governor's office.
Facilities staff are reviewing temperature scanning kiosks and subsequent technology devices capable of formatting and protecting information within the boundaries of FERPA.
When individuals approach our screening stations they will engage in:
- Hand hygiene (either through washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or the use of hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol)
- A visual check for a face covering or appropriate PPE
- They will be asked the four identified questions (see below) and have their temperature taken
Daily screening questions for students, staff, and visitors are:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms ?
- Fever (100.4F) or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Does anyone in your household have any of the above symptoms?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19?
- Have you taken any medication to reduce a fever before coming to school?
There will be screening stations set up at all of our facilities. All individuals waiting to be screened will be staged in identified locations, specific to each site, and will be spaced at least six feet from one another. We also recognize that each student is different and that it may be more challenging for some of our students to clearly understand the questions being asked of them and will be engaging in an educational campaign prior to bringing students on campus to educate our students and their families around the screening process so that they can prepare their student for this daily process.