TECHNOLOGY & WIFI
All students enrolled in BISD will use district-issued technology to assist with their learning. Most students still have the district-issued devices from last spring when school buildings closed due to COVID-19. If your student is new to the district, or if your district-issued technology isn’t working properly, there will be set times at each school for device pick-up/ swap-out.
If your student needs assistance with a school-owned device or other technical issues, please use this form to submit a Tech Support request, and a member of the tech support staff will contact you.
If you cannot use the online form for any reason, you may leave a message at 1-206-780-1094. On the message, please leave the parent or guardian's name, contact information such as telephone number or email, the student's name, and a brief description about your issue. If the issue is related to a school device, include the five digit number from the blue property tag on the underside of the device. A technician will get back to you as soon as possible.
For those students who do not have reliable WiFi, we will distribute mobile hotspots for work at home. In addition, WiFi access is available at the following school sites for those students or families who want to work remotely from the outside perimeter of facilities.
The school parking lots with the strongest WiFi signals are:
- BHS parking lot behind the gym and near the aquatic center
- BHS /Commodore "Pit" parking lot
- Woodward, park by the main office entrance for the strongest signal
- Wilkes, park by the main office entrance for the strongest signal
- Ordway, park between the main office and church
When accessing WiFi in school parking lots, please keep in mind
- It is strongly recommended that you stay in your vehicle and maintain at least 6-feet of distancing from those not in your immediate family
- BISD devices should automatically join the school network
- Non-BISD devices can access the “BISD-OPEN” WiFi network