• Certificate of Exemptions (COE) forms

    If you are requesting an exemption from one or more of the immunization requirements, you must provide the school a completed certificate of exemption (COE) form on file in the school office. Parents/guardians must complete the form and turn it in to the school before the student can start school. 

    In May 2019, Governor Inslee signed House Bill 1638, which removes the personal and philosophical option to exempt children from the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine required for school and child care attendance. The new law will take effect on July 28, 2019. Learn more about the new requirements here: 

    Who Is Affected?

    This law will only affect those students who have a personal or philosophical exemption to the MMR vaccine. Students with medical or religious exemptions are not affected by the new law.

    What Is the Requirement?

    One dose of MMR is required for all children age 1 year and older in child care or preschool. Two doses of MMR vaccine are required for all students in kindergarten through 12th grade. A minimum of 28 days must separate the two doses of MMR vaccine, which means someone needing both MMR doses will need one dose given as soon as possible, followed by another appointment scheduled a month from the first MMR dose. Children catching up with the MMR immunization schedule are considered to be in conditional status until 30 days after the second dose of the MMR vaccine comes due.

    What Do I Need To Do?

    1. All parents with personal or philosophical exemptions for MMR vaccine for their child should be notified they are required to provide the dates of MMR vaccination by the time the school year starts.
    2. Per state law, any student not in compliance with immunization requirements should be excluded from school attendance, until they can show satisfactory progress towards immunization requirements.

    For more information: 
    Washington State Department of Health has more information about required vaccinations. To read the state law, click here: https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=28A.210.080

    If you have any questions, please contact the Health Room at your student's school. https://www.bisd303.org/Page/3521