Welcome to Analyzing the Modern World!
This required 9th grade course examines a non-Western region of the world and how it has been impacted by interaction with the West. The Middle East is the current case study for the course.
Our areas of study will include:
- An introduction to the geography and culture of the Middle East
- An overview of the region in the 20th century, particularly
- The the impact of US and European involvement in the region
- The development of new nations and identities
- Current issues and events in Afganistan
- Structured debates on current issues facing the region, including
- The future of the US role in the region
- The Syrian Civil War
- Democracy in Turkey
- The Israeli Palestinian Conflict
- The possibility of an independent Kurdistan
Back to School Information:
We will be using several modules from Brown University's "Choices" curriculum.
For more details about the course, please see the course syllabusand visit your Google Class. Families, please contact me via email if you are not currently recieving Weekly Updates and would like to get these helpful updates
Google Class Access