Preschool 2019-20 Nuts and Bolts for Parents:
- Set of spare clothes (top, pants, underwear and socks) labeled in a zip lock bag.
- 1 - 2 packages glue sticks
- 1 box Kleenex
- 1 box unscented diaper wipes
- Paper Towels
- Pull-ups (if your child needs them)
- Emergency Lovey packet - small ziplock containing a small favorite book, small soft toy and family photo (will be returned at end of the year)
To Bring To School:
- Backpack - bring daily (large enough for folders, notes and snacks)
- Jacket (we will be outside everyday)
- Individual snack, if your child has food allergies (please discuss with me :))
- Appropriate shoes - please no sandals or heels (consider leaving a pair of rainboots at school but coming in sneakers)
- Our class has a website with important information. We will have a monthly newsletter/update of events coming up and what we are currently working on.
- You will receive an invite to google photo. We will share photos of fun class activities for our families only. If you do not want your child photographed, please let us know and fill out the form from the front office.
- Do you have a special talent? Like to cook, build, knit? Would you like to share this talent with our kiddos? Consider volunteering in our classroom!
- You will receive an invite from Sign Up Genius for bringing in healthy weekly snacks for the class. Please join us in the effort to provide great nutrition for our kiddos! Please sign up for 2 - 3 spots for the year per kiddo.
Procedure for Absences:
If your child is going to be absent:
- Contact transportation - 842-4641
- Contact Wilkes office - 842-4411
- Feel free to email me too! firstname.lastname@example.org
Change in Transportation:
- Call the office and contact transportation if your child will be picked up instead of riding the bus
- If your child is being picked up by someone other than you, make sure they are on the authorized pickup list. No child will be released to an unauthorized person!
- If your child is feeling bad, please err on the side of caution and keep them home. We want them to recover quickly and NOT spread more germs than necessary! If your child has a fever, please wait 24 hours after fever has broken (without fever reducer) before having them return to school. If your child vomits, wait 24 hours before sending them back to school.
Drop off and pick up procedure:
Please be on time for both drop off and pick up, a regular schedule is very important for children and being late to be picked up or dropped can cause a lot of unnecessary anxiety.
- Morning Preschool: Drop off at 7:50 on the benches in the front hallway. Do NOT leave your child until teachers have arrived.
- Pick up at 10:15. Please wait on the benches for your child to come out.
- Afternoon Preschool: Drop off at 11:45 on the benches in the front hallway. Do NOT leave your child until teachers have arrived.
- Pick up will be at 2:15. Please wait on the benches for your child to come out.
- Label everything with your child’s name, including coat
- Leave all toys and loveys at home
- Register online ASAP, including turning in immunization forms
We ALWAYS need extras…. especially large plastic dump trucks - all donations are welcome and appreciated!!
Thank you for all your help and allowing us to work with your wonderful children~ it’s going to be a great year,