The best way to get in touch with me is to send me an email. I check my email before and during school, and a few times after school and in the evenings. I don’t always check my email over the weekend or during school breaks. Please understand that if you send me an email during the week, I will always try to send you a response as quickly as possible to let you know I have received your message, but occasionally the day will get away from me! If you haven’t gotten any sort of response from me after 24 hours, feel free to send a quick follow up! You can always email me to set up a before or after school meeting to discuss your questions – I just ask that you give me a few days notice, as my days can fill up quickly with meetings, trainings, and appointments.
I will be sending home a weekly newsletter every Monday! It will contain, a note from me, vocabulary, as well as reminders and upcoming events. A monthly event calendar will also go home at the beginning of each month
Our anticipated fieldtrips are:
- Bainbridge Island Historical Museum (Winter)
- Aquarium (Spring)
- Ft. Ward (Spring)
Fieldtrip money will be collected per trip - Scholarships are available upon request
- If you are interested in volunteering in the classroom on a weekly or monthly basis, I will send out a schedule a few weeks before parent conferences
- If you would like to join us for any class parties or celebrations, please let me know when I send out the party information!
- If you would like to join us on any fieldtrips, I will send out a request a few weeks before each fieldtrip.
- If you are unable to come and volunteer in the classroom but would still like to help out, please let me know. There may be projects that can be completed at home, or over breaks.
If you would like to volunteer with our class (in the classroom or fieldtrips), make sure that you have completed the BISD Volunteer application. Please visit the BISD website to begin this process!
Arrival - The classroom doors officially open at 7:40, with the final bell at 7:50. Please call the main office if you know your child will be late for school
Take Home Folder - Each student has a yellow folder for school/home communication. Please be sure to check this folder daily for notes, flyers, and forms. Your child’s newsletter and permission slips will also be sent home and returned via this folder. Please remember to send this folder back to school every day.
- Students can bring any non-sugar snack like fruit, veggies, crackers, pretzels, or granola bars for these times. Snack is NOT provided by me, but parents often like to send in snacks to share and that is much appreciated by all (if you choose to donate, please provide enough for 20 students!) Because we eat lunch in the classroom, please try to send non-messy foods with your child for lunch. If you are ever in need of an additional copy of the lunch calendar, please visit the BISD Food & Nutrition Services site.
Personal Items - Please refrain from sending personal items (toys, phones, Fidget Spinners, etc.) with your child to school, except for when they are redeeming a reward ticket or on our Read-In days. If these types of items become an issue, I will contact you.
Birthdays - We will celebrate student birthdays throughout the year! If you would like to send in treats, please let me know a few days before so that I can let you know the best time to have them and the number of students we currently have. If their birthday happens to fall over a school break or a weekend, we will celebrate on the Friday before or the Monday after (whichever works best for you). We will celebrate all summer birthdays on a TBD date in the spring. Please Note: If your child has an allergy or requires a food accommodation, please feel free to send in an alternate treat for them to enjoy on birthdays. Birthdays will be included in the weekly newsletters and monthly calendars
• Because we may have activities or special events that interrupt our normal schedule or plans, being flexible is going to be key on both our parts. I appreciate your support and understanding
• If you would like to volunteer with our class, make sure that you have completed the BISD Volunteer Application. This is district policy, and it is very important that all classroom volunteers are approved through the district.
• I will be updating our class website regularly with resources, information, forms and more! There may also be announcements and surprises posted, so be sure to check it out!
• If you come to visit or volunteer in our classroom, please remember to check in at the main office (even if it is just for a quick visit or to drop something off). It is extremely important that the office knows when we have visitors in the building.
• Please don’t hesitate to let me know if there are any circumstances that may impact your child’s day at school (family emergency, illness, etc.). I completely understand when “life happens”!
• Be sure to “like” our Ordway PTO on Facebook! They put on many wonderful events for our school, and help our students so much throughout the year. Please consider joining this incredible group of volunteers!
• If there are any changes to your child’s after school transportation, please email me and cc the office staff or send a note to the office. If I don’t respond to your email, please contact the office directly to ensure that the change is known. The office will let me know of any changes communicated to them.
If you have any questions or concerns throughout the year, please don’t hesitate to contact me! I like to have an open dialogue with families when it comes to their child. I want all of my students to have the most successful and wonderful year possible, and I look forward to working with you to make sure that happens!