The students of BISD
BY THE NUMBERS:
- For the 2021-2022 school year, more than 3,600 students were enrolled in BISD.
- BISD students enjoy learning and achieve high scores on state assessments.
IN THE COMMUNITY:Students are involved in the local community, both in learning activities and in service:
- The Edu-Culture Project brings food, farming, culture, and education together. Students work at local farms, learning as they plant and harvest food.
- Community projects such as food drives for Helpline House also enrich students' experiences.
IN THE WORLD:
- For more than 25 years students from Bainbridge Island have worked with people on Ometepe, a sister island in Nicaragua. They have constructed schools and water systems, learned each others' languages and customs, and been welcomed into each others' homes.
- For more than ten years, students from Bainbridge compete for counselor positions at Camp Siberia, a non-profit residential summer camp for orphans in Novosibirsk, Russia. Envisioned by an island resident, students work to enrich the lives of Russian orphans. When chosen, students also are tasked with raising their own funds to make the trip to Russia.