Wildcat Cross Country
Head Coach: Amy Evans
Email: email@example.comAssistant Coach: Morgan MeyersAssistant Coach: Erin McCallumWelcome to WMS Cross Country
Want to be on the XC email list? Fill out the form below. This will allow important information to be emailed directly to you.
Can you believe that this is the last week of our season? We are tapering this week which means that we will reduce the volume (but not the intensity) of the running so all athletes will feel primed, rested, and ready to have a fabulously fast last race of the season. Proper nutrition and enough sleep are important factors in preparing for this last race too.
We have an amazing final week planned; some highlights include a CrossFit experience on Wednesday, the End of Season Celebration on Thursday (during practice), and the League Championship Meet on Friday. All WMS XC athletes are able and encouraged to attend this meet (even if an athlete is unable to run). The varsity team (which is composed of the top 9 runners) is designated by the coach. All other athletes will compete in the appropriate open race. Athletes who are alternates have a tough job. They will most likely race in the open race but will step into the varsity race if a varsity runner is unable to run.
Week #8 Schedule: M-F @ 3:45pm - 5:15pm
Monday @ Battle Point Park (Picnic Shelter) For: Long Run
Tuesday @ WMS Room 203 (Mrs. Meyers) For: 1-Mile Time Trial #2 on the track
Wednesday @ WMS Room 203 (Mrs. Meyers) For: CrossFit Experience, Race Prep, and Yoga
Thursday @ WMS Room 203 (Mrs. Meyers) For: Shake-Out Run and End of Season Celebration
Friday @ Cedar Heights For: Racing (2.0 miles)
1) The meet location has been changed to the Kitsap Regional Park
a) 2729 Jackson Ave. SE, Port Orchard 98366
2) The race times have all been moved up by an hour. Check out the times below.
3) The varsity race has been opened up to 9 athletes (although only the top seven will be scored)
- Girl’s Varsity team:Brodie Exarhos, Cora Drury, Lauren Pujolar, Harper Muma, Megan McPherson, India Stephens, Gabby Edwards, Mckennah Thompson, Lena Wood Alternates: Sofia Forslund
- Boy’s Varsity team:Alex Miller, Will Browning, Stanley Intihar, Everett Moore, Harris Intihar, Rowan Skipton, Aaron Ramirez, Abe Cole, Cliff Hennessey Alternates: Smith Romney
League Championship Meet Schedule @ Kitsap Regional Park
- Athletes are dismissed from class at 12:45pm
- Athletes: be in uniform with all of your stuff on the bus by 12:55pm
- Bus leaves WMS at 1:00pm
- Official Course Walk-Through at 2:00pm
- Open 6th Grade Girls Race at 2:30pm
- Open 6th Grade Boys Race at 3:00pm
- Varsity Girls Race at 3:30pm
- Varsity Boys Race at 4:00pm
- Open Girls Race at 4:30pm
- Open Boys Race at 5:00pm
- Awards at 5:30pm
- Parents pick-up athletes at WMS bus parking lot at 6:30pm