Child Find Services
The purpose of Child Find is to locate, evaluate and identify children (ages birth through 21) who have a disability and are not currently receiving special education and related services, yet may be eligible for those services.
Children may be:
The district, through its early childhood services, conducts preschool screenings for ages three to five. Please refer to Early Childhood Services or Preschool Screening for further information.For information regarding Child Find services for birth through 5, learn more about Preschool Screening or contact:Maria Kuffel206-780-3034For information regarding Child Find services for ages 5 through 21, contact:Your child's neighborhood school counselor or principalorDiane LeonettiExecutive Director of Special Services206-780-1069The district will consult with representatives of private school students to ensure its child find activities are comparable in private schools located within district boundaries. These consultations will occur annually.
- Residing in the school district boundaries including preschool-aged children;
- Attending private elementary and secondary schools located within the district boundaries. Elementary or secondary schools includes public schools, nonprofit institutional day or residential schools and private schools;
- Highly mobile (such as homeless, foster care and migrant children);
- Have a disability and may need special education services even though they are advancing from grade to grade; and
- At home or home schooled.