Kindergarten - Bainbridge Island School District offers full-day kindergarten. Typically, kindergarten orientations are held in February with visitations soon following.
Age of Enrollment - To enter kindergarten, a child must be five years old on or before August 31. (Note: Please call your school for information regarding early entrance requirements).
Registration for All AgesHere are the basics needed for registration (some schools have additional forms, but this is a good start):
- BISD Registration Form
- Emergency Procedures / Emergency Student Release Form
- Student Health Information Form
- Child's Immunization Form
- Home Language Survey
- Request for Transfer of Records
- McKinney Vento Form (supporting the education of children and youth experiencing homelessness in U.S. public schools)
- Electronic Resources User Agreement
- Title VII Student Eligibility Certification (if desired)
- Student Directory Information & Photo Release Opt-Out Form (if desired)
- Medication at School Form (if needed)
- Child’s birth certificate
Where to Enroll – Registration takes place at the school nearest your home. Please note, schools are closed in July / early August. If you wish to enroll during that time period, please bring your registration materials to the District Office, located at 8489 Madison Ave. Summer office hours are Monday - Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.