COVID-19, Flu A, and Flu B Testing at BISD - for staff & students
The site is open on weekdays from 7am to 3pm and is closed during school breaks or other closures (such as inclement weather or power outages).
- Located behind the District Office at 8489 Madison Ave. N., between the Aquatic Center and Ordway Elementary
- Closed on days when school is not in session
- No out-of-pocket costs for the tests.
- Free on-site and at-home COVID-19 test kits are available to all families via the BISD test site.
- Free COVID-19 at home test kits are available by mail. Order from the Washington Department of Health's Say Yes! COVID Test program.
The two types of tests available are:
1. Rapid Antigen Test for COVID-19 + Flu A + Flu B: The test can differentiate between influenza and COVID-19 (BD Veritor). This triplex test requires special equipment, so this is not a take-home test. Results within 15-20 minutes.
2. At-Home Rapid Antigen Test for COVID-19: Results within 15-20 minutes. (iHealth). Take-home COVID-19 tests are available at the District Office Drive-Thru Testing Center and schools' health rooms. Expiration dates for the iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test have been extended. Please refer to the FDA website and this list to determine the extended expiration date based on the lot number. Many COVID-test kits are good for months past the expiration date printed on the package. Check your kits here.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- No appointment is necessary for testing at BISD site.
- A consent form must be completed prior to the test and is provided during the check-in process.
- The Rapid Antigen Test requires self-administered nasal swabbing. Younger children may need assistance from their parent/guardian.
- Testing is free to individuals.