COVID-19 Testing at BISD - for staff & students
The site is open Monday - Friday from 6:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
The testing site is located behind the District Office at 8589 Madison Ave. N., between the Aquatic Center and Ordway Elementary.
The site will be closed on days that school is not in session.
There is no out-of-pocket cost for the test; insurance may be billed for the PCR test
BISD students and staff needing testing for travel purposes must access an alternative testing site. BISD is not equipped to provide results to meet travel requirements.
The two types of testing available are:
1. Abbott BinaxNOW Rapid Antigen Test: A quick test for those who are asymptomatic, symptomatic, or concerned that they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Results within 15-20 minutes.
2. Curative PCR Test: The preferred test for those who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Results within 3-4 days.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- No appointment is necessary
- Registration is required the first time you test this school year at this facility. Rapid Test Registration Form
- BinaxNow Fact Sheet
- Both tests require self-administered nasal swabbing; guardians may have to assist younger children.
- Rapid Antigen results take about 15 minutes.
- If the Rapid Antigen test result is positive, it is recommended to re-test using the PCR test.
- PCR results are received in 3-4 days due to high testing volumes at the lab.
- PCR testing must be completed by 2:30 p.m. for overnight shipping.
- If you are symptomatic or asymptomatic and trying to shorten your quarantine period or you are being tested because you were a close contact to a COVID-19 positive person, please access testing through the following places:
- BISD Testing Site
- A health care provider
- A pharmacy’s testing center
- Department of Health testing center
Reminder, the BISD testing site is only open for BISD students and staff and for non-travel purposes. If you are a community member (or parent) looking for testing options please refer to this list.