First Aid/CPR Classes
Three (3) opportunities will be offered during the school year to district employees, volunteer coaches, bus drivers, substitutes and anyone interested on a space-available basis after employees and designated volunteers have registered. All three offerings will be delivered with a blended learning/online format. A non-refundable fee of $50 will be charged to non-employees that register on a space available basis.
Each of the five (5) course opportunities will include two parts. Part 1 will be completed online. It will include the required cognitive lessons, will take from 2 to 3 hours to complete, and can be done in one or many sessions anytime/anywhere with computer access. Part 2 will be comprised of 1-2 hours in-person with hands-on instructor-led practice and skills testing the focus on one of the dates to be selected below. We hope the benefits to you by offering the course this way will be the flexibility and convenience it will provide and the consistent and up to the minute content it will deliver.
- Monday, August 13, 2018, from 9:00-11:00 in the Board Room - Limit 30 (Class is full - no longer taking registrations.)
- Monday, September 10, 2018 from 2:00-4:00 in the Board Room - Limit of 20
- Saturday, January 26, 2019 from 8:30-10:30 in the Board Room - Limit 20
- Monday, March 11, 2019 from 3:15-5:15 in the Board Room - Limit of 20
- Monday, August 12, 2019 from 8:30-10:30 in the Board Room - Limit 30
The above classes will provide all staff with business-oriented first aid training (...until help arrives).
To register, select the following link and respond to survey questions at: Course Registration
- Adult and pediatric CPR
- AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) use
- Bleeding and bandaging
- Shock, unconsciousness and stroke
- Burns, scalds, sunstroke, heat exhaustion, frostbite, freezing, and hypothermia
- Strains and sprains
- Fractures and dislocations
- Bites and stings
- Work-related health hazards
Contact / Questions:Judy KornbauPhone: 206-780-1071Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The training meets all OSHA and WISHA requirements for first aid in the workplace and has been approved by the Washington Dept. of labor and industries.
- Upon completion of a First-Aid/CPR card, valid for two years, will be issued.
- Certificated staff, school-sponsored sports team coaches, and transportation employees will be given first priority in the registration process.
- Clock hours will be offered for course completion of the above classes.