Volunteering with BISD
Lend a helping hand!
Bainbridge Island School District is fortunate to have an active and dedicated group of volunteers who help out in our classrooms, on field trips and with various activities and sports.
Before volunteering in any capacity, volunteers must first be cleared. This process can take up to two weeks, so please plan ahead.
Renewing your volunteer status? You need to complete the same steps below.
Please complete the following steps to become an active volunteer:
2. Review the Lockdown/Active Shooter Training
3. Complete the online application. Please do NOT use the web browser Firefox when completing the online application as it isn't always compatible with Google Forms.
4. Share a copy of your valid ID (either by snapping a photo and emailing it to email@example.com, or scanning, or dropping by the District Office at 8489 Madison Ave.) with the Community Relations Department. If you have an out-of-state (non-Washington) license, please contact the Community Relations department, as additional information is needed in order to process your application.
5. Volunteering as a driver? Please fill out this form and be sure to include a copy of your car insurance.
6. Certain volunteer positions require an additional application and fingerprinting:
- Overnight Chaperones -- please fill out this application and scan and email this form to:firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the front office of your child’s school or at the District Office, 8489 NE Madison Ave.
- Volunteer Coaches -- please ask your head coach or the Athletic Director for an application.
Once the above steps are completed the Community Relations Department will do a background check and process your application. Once cleared, volunteer terms are valid for two years. Please plan ahead! It can take up to two weeks for volunteer applications to be approved.
Questions? Please email at email@example.com or call 206-780-1081.
Thank you for making a positive impact in the lives of our students!