Lend a helping hand!
Bainbridge Island School District is fortunate to have an active and dedicated group of volunteers who help out in our classrooms, on field trips and with various activities and sports.
Before volunteering in any capacity, volunteers must first be cleared. This process can take up to two weeks, so please plan ahead. Please complete the following steps to become an active volunteer:
1. Complete the online application. Please do NOT use the web browser Firefox when completing the online application, as it isn't always compatible with Google Forms.
2. Read the volunteer orientation and training.
3. Share a copy of your valid ID (either by snapping a photo and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or scanning, or dropping by the District Office at 8489 Madison Ave.) with the Community Relations Department. If you have an out-of-state (non-Washington) license, please contact the Community Relations department, as additional information is needed in order to process your application.
4. If you are going to volunteer as a driver, please fill out this form and be sure to include a copy of your car insurance.
5. Certain volunteer positions require fingerprinting. Please check with your school for details.
Once the above steps are completed the Community Relations Department will do a background check and process your application. Once cleared, volunteer terms are valid for two years.
Questions? Please contact the Community Relations Department via email at email@example.com or call 206-780-1081.
Thank you for making a positive impact in the lives of our students!