Counseling & Crisis Resources
NEED HELP IMMEDIATELY?
If you or someone you know is in crisis please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Crisis Text Line: Text the word HOME to 741741
BISD is fortunate to have an amazing and supportive counseling team to assist our students. However, if a student needs assistance outside of school, here are a few community organizations that can provide help in times of crisis.
Bainbridge Youth Services (206) 842-9675 https://askbys.org/
Bainbridge Youth Services provides professional, no-fee, confidential counseling for youth in our community, ages 12-21. All youth are welcome at BYS, located at 8533 Madison Ave N (across from the pool, behind Ordway).
- Youth Suicide Prevention, Intervention and Postvention from the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide http://www.sptsusa.org
- Boys Town Hotline: www.yourlifeyourvoice.org
- Crisis Text Line: www.crisistextline
- Parent Help in English and Spanish: parenthelp123.org
- Crisis Chat, online chat for suicide prevention: www.crisischat.org/chat
- The Trevor Project, LGBTQ youth: www.thetrevorproject.org
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- S.A.F.E. Alternative: www.selfinjury.com
- Navos - Family Counseling and Support Center: https://www.navos.org/crisis-hotlines/
- American Academy for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry: www.aacap.org
- Volunteers of America: 1-800-584-3578
- Boys Town USA Hotline: 1-800-448-3000
- Kitsap Mental Health Crisis Response Team: 1-360-373-5031
- Teen Link, talk to a peer, 6-10 p.m.: 1-866-833-6546
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Trevor Project, LGBTQ youth: 1-866-488-7386
- Bainbridge Youth Services: 1-206-842-9675
- Navos - Family Counseling and Support Center: 1-206-48-8226
- Harrison Health Partners - Center for Mental Health: 1-360-337-8200
- Seattle Children's Mental Health Services: 1-206-987-2164 or 1-866-987-2000
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Center of Seattle: 1-206-374-0109
- National Alliance on Mental Illness, Seattle: 1-206-783-4288
- American Academy for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry: 1-800-273-TALK
- National Alcohol and Drug Abuse Hotline: 1-844-289-0879
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: 1-800-662-4357
- Volunteers of America: 1-800-899-0089
- Family Help Line: 1-800-932-4673
- Family Health Hotline, all languages: 1-800-322-2588
*These organizations are not overseen by the Bainbridge Island School District and as a result, the organizations are not subject to the policies and procedures of BISD. It is the responsibility of parents and guardians to research and evaluate the organization prior to using their services.
BISD cares about the whole child and has developed plans to help support students if they experience emotional turmoil:
SOS: Signs of Suicide Parent Portal (ask your school's counseling office for login credentials)