Distribution of Information About Non-School Sponsored Activities and Events
As a service to non-profit community groups, a Community News & Events
webpage and a Community Flyers
webpage provide a way for approved community groups to publicize information or events to families in the Bainbridge Island School District. Approved non-school sponsored notices will be considered for placement on the appropriate webpage.
Criteria and Guidelines:
1. Only notices/flyers/posters from or co-sponsored by non-profit (501c3) organizations will be approved.
2. Information must be perceived as appropriate for school families, students and/or parents.3. Flyers and posters must include the following disclaimer, which may be placed anywhere on the document. (If you have pre-printed posters, you may print the disclaimer on a mailing label and place it anywhere that is visible.)
5. Approval from and coordination with the Community Relations Office expedites the process.
Bainbridge Island School District does not sponsor this event, and the district assumes no responsibility for it. In consideration of the privilege to distribute materials, the Bainbridge Island School District shall be held harmless from any cause of action filed in any court or administrative tribunal arising out of the distribution of these materials, including costs, attorney's fees, and judgments or awards.
6. Flyers/posters should be counted, bundled, and labeled with the school/site to which they are to be delivered. The suggested number of flyers for each school is 20.
7. Flyers may be sent as PDF files to the email below to be placed on the Community Flyers webpage.
8. Posters/flyers will be distributed to schools within 36 hours of receipt (unless that arrive on a Friday, in which case they may be distributed the next Monday).
9. Approximately 75 words of the who, what, when, where, cost, etc. may be submitted for placement on the Community News & Events webpage. It may be submitted via email (see address below), or it may be typed or legibly written and mailed or delivered to the address below. The district may choose to not post information that requires extensive editing.
10. No "campaign material" or information for or against any ballot measure or proposition or any individual running for office will be posted.
11. Notices may be edited to meet space limitations.
When school is in session, Community News & Events and Community Flyers will be posted on the webpages once each week, typically Fridays.
Submit notices, flyers, or posters for approval to:
Pam Keyes, Community Relations Coordinator
Bainbridge Island School District
8489 Madison Avenue NE
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
BISD website: www.bisd303.org