Class of 2017:
Counselors will be visiting all senior English classes in early October to review the college application process which we presented last spring and in our one-to-one meetings in May and June. If you need help sooner, please make an appointment with your counselor by going to the counseling secretary to set up a time to meet with him/her. Mr. Ward (A-D), Ms. Bakker (E-K), Ms. Pal (L-Mel), Ms. D'Amico (Mey-Q), Ms. Walter (R-Z).
Attention Seniors using the Common Application or needing recommendation letters:
Please do not "invite" your counselor or any teacher electronically without first speaking IN PERSON with the teacher or counselor you wish to invite.
It is common courtesy to make a request for a recommendation face to face before having a message land in their email inbox stating the request. All teachers and counselors will appreciate this respectful way of asking for their help. (Your counselor will be happy to help you with this process.)
All students applying to colleges: Please pay special attention to all the information and instructions under "College Planning" in the menu to the left.
Thanks so much from the entire BHS Counseling Office!
- Review your Summer To-Do List (to get
organized for college applications).
the new FAFSA PPY information sheet with your parents!
- NOTE: FAFSA may be filed October 1, 2016. This is NEW!
- Senior Parent Night = Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 7 PM (BHS Commons)
- "Cash for College" Night: Paula Bishop, CPA = Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 7 PM (BHS Commons). Parents of any age student are welcome to attend. This event is sponsored by PTSO.
Classes of 2018 & 2019:
- PSAT will be administered on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at BHS.
- The Bainbridge Schools Foundation has generously provided funds for all Juniors to take this test. The PSAT is the National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test when taken in the junior year.
- Sophomores (and Freshmen who have completed Geometry) may take the test, but will have to pay for it ($15). Registration details will be announced in early September. Payment deadline will be Thursday, September 22. (The BHS testing coordinator must place the final test order on Friday morning, September 23 per College Board rules.)
Class of 2020:
- Counselors will conduct Freshmen class visits in October to continue their orientation to high school.
- 9th Grade Quick Reference: a guide for freshmen and parents at Bainbridge High School.
Here's to a wonderful Fall Semester!