Practice SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test
Thanks to the Bainbridge Schools Foundation, the PSAT was available to ALL juniors and was administered at BHS on Wednesday October 15th, 2014. Scores are in and will be mailed home before winter break. See your counselor if you have questions about understanding your score.
November/December Checklist for seniors and their parents regarding college applications:
* Check on the completeness of your early applications. The easiest way to do this is to log on to the application tracker on each school's website. You can also call the admissions office. Please do not panic if something is missing. We can solve any problem. Just come into the office or email your counselor.
*Work on your regular applications. It's better to suffer in November than in December
*Stay on top of deadlines. Some schools have atypical regular deadlines...University of California = November 30th. University of Washington = December 1. Some schools have earlier deadlines for scholarship consideration.
* Make sure you have completed the CSS Profile if you are applying for financial aid (CSS is usually required for Common App schools on top of the FAFSA). In January you will submit the FAFSA. Many schools require both forms. The goal is to submit your FAFSA on January 1st.
* Keep working hard in school. We will send semester grades to all of your schools that ask for them, including schools that you were admitted to in the early rounds.
* Tell us your decisions as you hear them. Even if you get accepted to a low interest school, we need to know. It helps us counsel future students.
* Say "thank you." Your teachers have worked very hard on your letters of recommendation, and they deserve some thanks. You can wait until the end of the year, but I think it's nice to send thanks now. You can decide what works for you. Hand-written notes are especially nice!