| || |
BHS COUNSELING DEPARTMENT
For students taking the AP exams click here for schedule and instructions.
For students needing to take a LATE AP exam, go to the 2013 LATE AP Exam Information page and contact Ms. Zelinski no later than 5/13/13.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT TRANSCRIPTS AND SUMMER CLOSURE
Bainbridge High School will be closed June 28 and will re-open on August 12. Please be aware that our transcript service through Parchment will also be closed during that time. Students and parents who need a transcript during the summer must request by 8:00 am on Thursday, June 27th due to the turnaround time needed between the request into Parchment and when the Counseling office can process them. (NOTE: PLEASE REFER TO THE FINAL TRANSCRIPT INSTRUCTIONS LINK BELOW).
1) Don't forget to send your FINAL Transcript to any of the following:
- Common Application: If you are going to a Common App college; do NOT request it to be sent directly to the college!)
- To your final-decision college (if it's NOT a Common App college....Yes, the UW does want a final transcript!)
- To the NCAA (if you are planning to play a sport for your college)
2) Senior grades are due/finalized on Friday June 7th. This includes the completion and verification (transcript) of an online course necessary to meet graduation requirements. Seniors must complete all graduation requirements in order to walk at graduation, which is on Saturday, June 8th, 2013.
3) In order to receive diploma, all fines must be paid.
Current 10th and 11th Grade Students
Now is the time to consider alternative programs such as Running Start and West Sound Technical Skills Center. For more information on these programs, see the Running Start tab on the BHS Counseling page and attend the Running Start Information Night on March 7th @ 7 PM in the BHS Library (for parents and students). Admissions representatives from Olympic College and Seattle Central Community College will present information and answer questions. Arrive early!
For West Sound Technical Skills Center: See your counselor for information or visit their website at: http://www.westsoundtech.com/
The College Planning tab on our web page is great place for current juniors to begin looking to review the process for applying to four year schools. The Planning Guide and all of the other documents you may need to submit to our office during application time (ie. College Tracking Form for each college to which you are applying, Student Data Sheet and Parent Brag Sheet). are listed within this tab.
REMINDER: Only private colleges require a counselor's letter of recommendation (this includes all Common Application schools). Most public universities do not require a teacher or counselor letter of recommendation.