FOR ALL SENIORS. Do you need money for college? Do not let this opportunity get away. The BHS Senior Scholarship application is now available online. Simply login to your Naviance account, click on the "About Me" tab and the Application will appear at the top of the menu on the left hand side of the page. ALL SENIORS SHOULD APPLY!! Completing this one application will make you eligible for over 30 scholarships ranging from $500 to $5,000 dollars. Winners will be honored at the annual BHS Scholarship/Award Night on June 12th. The application deadline is Friday, April 11th. ALL Seniors should apply.
For all Seniors planning to attend Olympic College for the 2014-2015 school year:
Bainbridge High School is asked to select one senior who is planning to attend Olympic College next year to be the recipient for a full tuition waiver award for the 2014-2015 school year. This means that your tuition (up to 18 credits each quarter) would be paid for for one year!
If you are planning to attend Olympic College next year and would like to be considered for this Tuition Waiver Award, please email your counselor with your interest. Selection is based on scholastic excellence while in high school. There is no minimum GPA requirement to be considered. This is an amazing, cost saving opportunity!!
As you look forward to your senior year and the college application season, remember to visit the College Planning tab. Review the College Application Process
form and follow the instructions carefully as public and private school application processes vary.
November/December Checklist for seniors and their parents regarding college applications:
* Check on the completeness of your early applications. The easiest way to do this is to log on to the application tracker on each school's website. You can also call the admissions office. Please do not panic if something is missing. We can solve any problem. Just come into the office or email your counselor.
*Work on your regular applications. It's better to suffer in November than in December
*Stay on top of deadlines. Some schools have atypical regular deadlines...University of California = November 30th. University of Washington = December 1. Some schools have earlier deadlines for scholarship consideration.
* Make sure you have completed the CSS Profile if you are applying for financial aid (CSS is usually required for Common App schools on top of the FAFSA). In January you will submit the FAFSA. Many schools require both forms. The goal is to submit your FAFSA on January 1st.
* Keep working hard in school. We will send semester grades to all of your schools that ask for them, including schools that you were admitted to in the early rounds.
* Tell us your decisions as you hear them. Even if you get accepted to a low interest school, we need to know. It helps us counsel future students.
* Say "thank you." Your teachers have worked very hard on your letters of recommendation, and they deserve some thanks. You can wait until the end of the year, but I think it's nice to send thanks now. You can decide what works for you. Hand-written notes are especially nice!