Volunteer opportunities abound. You may ...
be an Art Docent
- help with art projects
- be a reading partner
- assist in a health room
- be a coach of Math Olympiad, sports, or other teams
- take volunteer tasks home
- assist by planning for or being at special events
Applying to be a volunteer
Please review the Volunteer Handbook 2014 and learn about the possibilities, rules and requirements and procedures.
If you are interested, and in order to volunteer, please complete the the following:
- Make a photocopy of your driver's license.
- Print and complete a Volunteer Application. Be certain to include the school(s) where you will be volunteering on the top line by your "Volunteer position desired."
- After reading the handbook, complete a Volunteer Agreement and a Volunteer Disclosure and Consent Form
- Staple these four items together with your license on top.
- Submit them to your school or directly to the Community Relations Office (address below)
- If you will be driving students as a volunteer, follow these directions to complete the Volunteer Driver Checklist.
- For some volunteer opportunities, such as helping to weed school properties, you will need to complete a Hold Harmless Agreement.
- Fingerprints are required for any volunteer who will have unsupervised contact with students. Follow these directions if a fingerprint record check is requested (these will be updated as necessary).
- Volunteer training:
- You may attend a training on Thursday, September 18, 2014, at 10 AM, or Tuesday, September 23, at 7 PM in the School Board Room.
- Additional trainings will occur on November 13, 2014, and January 13 or April 13, 2015. (See the district calendar for times)
- If you are unable to attend any of the above trainings, you may participate in an online PowerPoint training. To be approved, be certain you complete the quick review under #8 at the end of the training. Online Training. Volunteer Training Review.
Return the forms to:
BISD Community Relations Office
8489 Madison Avenue NE.
Bainbridge Island, WA. 98110
Questions? Call 206-780-1398
**Volunteers are authorized for two years from the time of approval. After two years, the process must be repeated.
Thousands of volunteer tasks, thousands of volunteer hours - read some Volunteer Program Reports: