Capital Projects & Facilities
April 14, 2016
Board approves Mithun Architects as the architect for Blakely Elementary School. Click here to access the board presentation.
Board Members: Mev Hoberg, Sheila Jakubik
Blakely Staff: Reese Ande, Teresa Ball, Lisa McCassey, Keri Pinzon, Kathleen Pool, Robin Thomas, Maureen Wilson
Administration: Sheryl Belt
Community / Professionals: Vicki Clayton, Matthew Coates, Ian forbes, Michelle Hecker, Margaret Powers
Capital Projects Administration: Tamela Van Winkle, John Gray
Architect Selection Process:
- Request for Qualifications for architects was published February 12th and 19th.
- Seven firms attended a mandatory walk through meeting at Blakely on February 25th.
- Six firms submitted Statements of Qualifications: Bassetti, Integrus, Mahlum, McLennan, Mithun and NAC.
- The Architect Selection Committee reviewed the submittals and selected four firms for interview.
- Bassetti, Mahlum, Mithun and NAC were interviewed on March 21st by the committee.
- On March 29th, Mithun and Mahlum conducted facility tours for the committee.
- The committee will bring their architect recommendation before the board on April 14th.